/ Monday, February 21, 2011 / 1 Comment / ,

Poh Soon Garden

Since I visited this nursery before the Chinese New Year (CNY), it was all decked up to usher in the lunar new year. There were red lanterns hung on trees along the main path of the nursery. Oh, the nusery is so filled with festive mood!

As I was trying to look for the nursery owner, a man who was sitting nearby asked me what I need. So I introduced myself and requested for some information regarding the nursery. Another man (who was the owner!) then quickly told me that everyone in Klang knows of their nursery... oh, okie... Anyway he later revealed a few things about the nursery as I continued to check out the place :-)



Poh Soon Garden opens daily from 8.00am to 9.00pm. They have been in business for more than 30 years. I was told that this CNY was their 31st.



Plant Variety Rating: 4.25 | There are quite a number of shrubs, ornamental festive plants and even some small potted succulents and cacti.

I love the many wonderful pots of kalanchoes and chrysanthemums they have there. They have some of the most amazing colours.



The owner also showed me some of his prized lime trees or limau kasturi that he has grown with his own hands. The one in the pic below is about 7 to 8 years old and is selling for more than RM1,000! The rest of the lime trees are about 2 to 3 years old. Lime is called 'kat' in Chinese, a homophone that means auspicious. Bring some of these 'kats' home and you will have plenty of wealth this year, some say ;-)



There are many varieties of plants at the nurseries including popular ones like canna lily, desert rose, ixora, little bird plant, China aster and garden croton.





Plant Condition Rating: 3.75 | Most of the plants look good especially the festive plants.

The brighly coloured chrysanthemums are auspicious flowers that are supposed to bring lots of joy the new year ;-)



Layout Rating: 3.50 | There are many plants in the shade. Most plants are placed at the right hand side of the nursery as you walk in. On the left is where you can find lots of pots and garden supplies. Although the main path is quite big, the aisles between rows of plants are not big. 




Garden Products Rating: 4.50 | Plenty of pots and garden supplies are sold there.



Click here for the map.

CONTACT DETAILS

Poh Soon Garden
78 Jalan Batu Tiga
Jalan Pasir JKR QRTS
41300 Klang
Selangor
Mobile: 6012-265 7311 (Lee Thong Heng) & 6012-237 8186 (Lee Giin Huei)
Tel: 603-3342 7658
Fax: 603-3343 5063
Share This Post :
Tags : ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California

I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

God bless you :-)

~Ron

[3][Green-up Solution][featured][Green-up Solution]
[3][Garden Solution][featured][Garden Solution]

Follow On Feedly

follow us in feedly

Shop My Book

My YouTube Channel

Welcome

I enjoy gardening and visiting nurseries and garden retailers. Here I will share what I see with reviews and ratings, from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent).

My aim is to help you find a vendor near you and to encourage more people to be interested in greening the earth in a natural way i.e. by adding greens to their home!

Greens make a garden. The various gardening ideas published here are for you to get new inspirations for your garden. If you would like to advertise on this site or have a nursery that you would like me to review, please feel free to drop me a note by email.

Your feedback and comments are most appreciated and welcomed. Have a blessed day working on your garden!

Cheers, Stephanie

Contact me, email mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

Feedback on a post, 'Post a Comment'

Follow me,                

Plant Vendor Index

Post A Message

Subscribe to MGF News

Enter your email address to receive updates straight to your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Share This Site

Translate