/ Tuesday, October 6, 2009 / 1 Comment / ,

I Vision Tropicana Nursery

Along the curvy and busy road, just after Riana Green in PJ Tropicana, is I Vision Tropicana Nursery, a nursery that has been here for the past almost two years.

The nursery's operating hours are between 8.30am and 7.00pm. When I was there a week ago, I saw many interesting plants.



I was looking for a small pot on that day. A helper saw me and came to attend to me before Angie, the owner, took over. She was very friendly and introduced me to some of the wonderful plants in their stock.



There were a number of pom-pom shaped plants. I also saw some medium to huge well-shaped podocarpus and polyscias.



There was also a well-sculptured ficus bonsai that's more than 20 years old!



The wrightia bonsai was one of the many treasures found in this nursery.



Plant Variety Rating: 4 | More than 100 types of tropical ornamental palms, shrubs, trees, ferns, climbers and ground covers.

I noticed quite a number of beautiful flowering plants like plumbago, podranea, rose, desert rose, hibiscus, bougainvillea, anthurium, Indian azalea and frangipani here as well.



Besides that there were some herb and fruit plants.



A number of desert rose, new red leaf agloanema, hanging flowering pots like petunia and begonia rose are also available.



Plant Condition Rating: 4.5 | All plants are in very good condition.

The giant spider lilies were seen flowering and growing healthily.



Layout Rating: 3.5 | All plants are placed according to their sunlight requirement. Those that needs to be shaded are sheltered whereas those that can take plenty of sunlight and rain are placed in the open. But the same type of plant could be located elsewhere in the nursery.



Garden Products Rating: 3.5 | There are a number plastic and ceramic pots options. Their gardening products are placed in a sheltered room for easy browsing.




This nursery is situated along Jalan Tanjung Bandar Utama (between Riana Green Plaza and Sony). For directions, click here.

CONTACT DETAILS

I Vision Tropicana Nursery
Hutan Simpanan Sungai Buloh
Jalan Tanjung Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Mobile: 6019-386 6568 (Angie Tee)
Share This Post :
Tags : ,

1 comment:

Urban Green said...

Those giant spider lilies are something. I have not seen them before, ever. I really like the way you rate the nurseries.

[3][Green-up Solution][featured][Green-up Solution]
[3][Garden Solution][featured][Garden Solution]

Follow On Feedly

follow us in feedly

Shop My Book

My YouTube Channel

Welcome

I enjoy gardening and visiting nurseries and garden retailers. Here I will share what I see with reviews and ratings, from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent).

My aim is to help you find a vendor near you and to encourage more people to be interested in greening the earth in a natural way i.e. by adding greens to their home!

Greens make a garden. The various gardening ideas published here are for you to get new inspirations for your garden. If you would like to advertise on this site or have a nursery that you would like me to review, please feel free to drop me a note by email.

Your feedback and comments are most appreciated and welcomed. Have a blessed day working on your garden!

Cheers, Stephanie

Contact me, email mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

Feedback on a post, 'Post a Comment'

Follow me,                

Plant Vendor Index

Post A Message

Subscribe to MGF News

Enter your email address to receive updates straight to your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Share This Site

Translate