/ Thursday, August 13, 2009 / 4 Comments / ,

Home Retreat

Though it was a hot afternoon when I visited Home Retreat, the shop-like nursery was quite busy with many walk-in customers enquiring about plants and garden products.



The nursery, located at Taman Bukit Indah (OUG), has two entrances. The main entrance is at Jalan Nyaman 10. It is also accessible from Jalan Gembira (the main road off Jalan Klang Lama).



I learnt that Home Retreat has been in this business for about 25 years and its main business is retailing. The nursery is opened from 9.00am to 7.00pm everyday, closing for only one to two days each year, during Chinese New Year.

Plant Variety Rating: 4 | More than 100 types of flowering plants, tropical ornamental palm, shrubs, trees, climbers, ground covers as well as aquatic plants. Mostly young and in-between in terms of age.

The flowering plants that attracted my attention here include poinsettia, celosia, marigold, anthurium, rose, hibiscus, zebra plant, jasmine, petunia, desert rose and morning glory.



Interestingly, they also have musa banana species, air plants and animal-shaped topiaries, offerings that are not normally found in many nurseries.




There are water lilies and other aquatic plants as well.



Plants like begonia, costus, calathea, philodendron, codyline, aglaonema and dracaena are found here too.

Plant Condition Rating: 4 | The plants are in generally good condition.



Layout Rating: 3.5 | The plants and garden products are arranged on racks as well as on the ground. I could browse around the place with ease.



Garden Products Rating: 5 | There are a huge variety of ornamental ceramic and plastic pots, aquatic pots and many hardscape products like stones, concrete slabs etc.



I also noticed some attractive garden ornaments and useful gardening products. All these are placed in a covered area that is well ventilated and partially cooled by mist fans (a pleasant relief from the hot weather!)





Please click here for the map to Jalan Nyaman 10.

CONTACT DETAILS

Home Retreat Sdn Bhd
37 Jalan Nyaman Sepuluh
Off Jalan Sepadu
Taman Bukit Indah
Batu 4.5 Jalan Klang Lama
58200 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 603-7983 0464 & 7987 4818
Fax: 603-7980 7066
Mobile: 6012-293 0188 (Deric Ng)
Email: info@homeretreat.com.my
Website: www.homeretreat.com.my
Share This Post :
Tags : ,

4 comments:

vuejardin said...

Do they put the sticker price on the item?
I must be hard to shop if they don't display the price. I don't like to keep asking the sales price, or let them follow me all the time. Wise businessman will let the customers to have peace of mind when they shop.

Stephanie said...

Yes they do. I agree with you on having a peace of mind when go shopping. I hope all nurseries would tag price on their plants too though. Most of them do not as they do not want to tag and re-tag price. Plants grow in size and appearance quickly.

Unknown said...

Do u have sales cocopeat

Stephanie said...

Hi Diana,

Try to find it at a ACE Hardware store.

Warm regards,
Stephanie

[3][Green-up Solution][featured][Green-up Solution]
[3][Garden Solution][featured][Garden Solution]

Follow On Feedly

follow us in feedly

Shop My Book

My YouTube Channel

Welcome

I enjoy gardening and visiting nurseries and garden retailers. Here I will share what I see with reviews and ratings, from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent).

My aim is to help you find a vendor near you and to encourage more people to be interested in greening the earth in a natural way i.e. by adding greens to their home!

Greens make a garden. The various gardening ideas published here are for you to get new inspirations for your garden. If you would like to advertise on this site or have a nursery that you would like me to review, please feel free to drop me a note by email.

Your feedback and comments are most appreciated and welcomed. Have a blessed day working on your garden!

Cheers, Stephanie

Contact me, email mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

Feedback on a post, 'Post a Comment'

Follow me,                

Plant Vendor Index

Post A Message

Subscribe to MGF News

Enter your email address to receive updates straight to your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Share This Site

Translate