/ Saturday, May 2, 2009 / 2 Comments /

Laman Impiana

Laman Impiana is a bi-monthly Malay magazine published by Karangkraf. It claims to be the Malaysian No. 1 garden and landscape art magazine.


I bought a copy of the May/June 2009 edition. I love the front cover picture! It shows a garden with cockerels, coconut trees and a little wooden bridge, very apt for its country gardening inspirations theme. It is indeed a magazine with serene Malaysian kampung or country gardens that is nostalgic for those who grew up in rural places!




Plant Variety Rating: 4 | Many plants are highlighted in this edition, especially common plants which most gardens would have. I really hope the publisher would consider featuring more variety of plants other than these common types in future editions.
Images Rating: 3.5 | Overall the pictures used are acceptable and apt to the point. However, I find that some images focus on only one spot or angle and certain parts of the plant.

Content Rating: 5 | The topics and information are very appropriate for Malaysian or even tropical gardeners in general. There is great depth and breath in all articles written, with comprehensive details and facts of each topic.
Layout Rating: 4 | The layout is tidy and easy on the eyes, employing neat colour choice and presentation style. However I think the picture quality can be improved further.
Price Rating: 5 | At RM10.00 a copy, it is really a steal! What more with almost 200 pages of gardening information. Really value for money!

This copy, which is the 20th edition, offers a lot of information about gardening in Malaysia. There are listing of various tropical plants, introductions of new gardening tools and ideas, write-ups of gardening in our kind of environment,
advertisements of local suppliers and even DIY projects.

I find the feature on gardening in restricted space very useful with some landscape design proposals by professional landscape architects. The suggestions are very suitable and practical for new terrace house and apartment owners. This is what most of us would love to read about.

Many beautiful gardens are also featured. For those who have a big budget for a big garden, there are many, many more things to discover and look into in gardening.
Share This Post :
Tags :

2 comments:

J.C. said...

I have bought Laman magazine before and I find many photos of plants, with introduction to their names and how to go about maintaining the plants! Really good reference for me!

johnny said...

thanks .lovely.we provide automatic watering system
http://www.sprinklerhouz.com/

[3][Green-up Solution][featured][Green-up Solution]
[3][Garden Solution][featured][Garden Solution]

Follow On Feedly

follow us in feedly

Shop My Book

My YouTube Channel

Welcome

I enjoy gardening and visiting nurseries and garden retailers. Here I will share what I see with reviews and ratings, from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent).

My aim is to help you find a vendor near you and to encourage more people to be interested in greening the earth in a natural way i.e. by adding greens to their home!

Greens make a garden. The various gardening ideas published here are for you to get new inspirations for your garden. If you would like to advertise on this site or have a nursery that you would like me to review, please feel free to drop me a note by email.

Your feedback and comments are most appreciated and welcomed. Have a blessed day working on your garden!

Cheers, Stephanie

Contact me, email mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

Feedback on a post, 'Post a Comment'

Follow me,                

Plant Vendor Index

Post A Message

Subscribe to MGF News

Enter your email address to receive updates straight to your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Share This Site

Translate