/ Friday, May 15, 2009 / 7 Comments / ,

Jusco Home Centre

It has been quite a while since I last visited Jusco Home Centre at 1-Utama Shopping Centre. There is a gardening corner where I have always browsed for gardening supplies. I bought many items like pots, plants, soil, fertiliser and even gardening ornaments here previously.



The store opens for business at 10.00am everyday and closes at 10.00pm from Monday to Thursday and at 10.30pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

On 10 May 2009 when I visited the store, I was once again thrilled to see the variety of selections on offer. There are a number of indoor houseplants and table and flower plants. They even have plant dish gardens, terrariums, plants in jelly/glass and hydro-potted indoor plants on the racks. It's probably the largest collection of plants I have ever seen in a home centre!




Plant Variety Rating: 4 | Mostly ferns and trees. Aside from nice green ferns, some of the flower plants that caught my attention are Chrysanthemum, Christmas Kalanchoe as well as some roses, petunias and orchids.





I also spotted a few small pots of Sweetheart Hoya Kerii but they were leftovers from the last Valentine’s day. I was told that this plant is only ordered for Christmas and Valentine’s day.



If you would like to get one, you will have to wait till mid-December to purchase fresh ones. So, mark your calendar ;-)

The are also Curly Air Cactus on the rack which cost RM138.88 (US$39) each!




The other cacti are in small pots.



Plant Condition Rating: 4 | Most plants on dispayed are houseplants that are in-between in terms of age and they all look quite good.


Layout Rating: 4
| All plants, pots, garden ornaments and gardening accessories are neatly arranged on racks and properly price-tagged.




Garden Products Rating: 4.5 | There are a variety of planters, garden lightings, water fountains, plant jelly, fertilisers and gardening tools and ornaments.







In addition, Bosch and Black & Decker gardening tools and equipment are available too.



And they also sell fertiliser, organic vitaliser (Midori Mokusaku Eki), garden rocks and soil.



A huge variety of seeds on the racks can be found here as well.



For directions, please click here.

CONTACT DETAILS


Jusco Home Centre
Lot G36, 1-Utama Shopping Centre
Lebuh Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Tel: 603-7726 8000
Fax: 603-7726 8386
Share This Post :
Tags : ,

7 comments:

aimee said...

Hey, great article. Been looking for something like this.

Stephanie said...

aimee, glad to hear from you! Thanks.

Stephanie said...

Please be informed that this gardening corner has moved out when I was there last week of August 2010.

Bite Bite said...

i went and found them to have moved out....sob sob, was trying to look for some hanging plants...

Anonymous said...

They have moved to the following location:

No.59 Jalan SS2/46, Petaling Jaya
(behind RHB Bank, along Jln SS 2/24))

They are closed on Sunday. Open from 9am to 6pm (Mon to Sat). I got the contact from Jusco management. Shop contact mobile no. 012-3535516 (which I have called to verify the address).
Hope the above info is of help.

Stephanie said...

Hi there, thanks for the info :-D

Stephanie said...

This retailer has moved again as I notice the place at No.59 Jalan SS2/46 is vacant and I didn't find any notice of their new place. Fyi.

[3][Green-up Solution][featured][Green-up Solution]
[3][Garden Solution][featured][Garden Solution]

Follow On Feedly

follow us in feedly

Shop My Book

My YouTube Channel

Welcome

I enjoy gardening and visiting nurseries and garden retailers. Here I will share what I see with reviews and ratings, from 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent).

My aim is to help you find a vendor near you and to encourage more people to be interested in greening the earth in a natural way i.e. by adding greens to their home!

Greens make a garden. The various gardening ideas published here are for you to get new inspirations for your garden. If you would like to advertise on this site or have a nursery that you would like me to review, please feel free to drop me a note by email.

Your feedback and comments are most appreciated and welcomed. Have a blessed day working on your garden!

Cheers, Stephanie

Contact me, email mygreenfinder at hotmail dot com

Feedback on a post, 'Post a Comment'

Follow me,                

Plant Vendor Index

Post A Message

Subscribe to MGF News

Enter your email address to receive updates straight to your inbox:

Delivered by FeedBurner





Share This Site

Translate